Welcome
Welcome Aero Investors to the new web site!!!!
News LettersMaintenanceMember Lounge
October 2013
Fall is here. I believe the official date was September 22st. Exactly 12 hours of daylight and 12 hours of night. Personally, it is my favorite time to fly. Not so hot and humid, and the thermals also settle down. The colors begin to change and a color tour by air is spectacular. Take to the skies my fellow flyers.

Congratulations to Rodney Rowe who took his first solo flight on September 28th.
I am sure everyone one of us still remembers their first solo flight in great detail.

The log sheets were collected on September 29th this period due to some vacation conflicts. The hours listed on your billing will not include flights made on the 29th and 30th of September. They will appear on next month’s billing. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Some interesting developments are occurring regarding the pilot third class medical requirements. Currently, a third class medical is good for 24 calendar months. There is a push going on for general aviation pilots to eliminate the current third class medical requirements. The proposed changes would allow a pilot to asses his own medical fitness without a physician examination.

The thinking is, every pilot goes through rigorous training to obtain his license. Then each pilot makes hundred of decisions before and during each flight, including aircraft readiness, weight and balance, passengers, fuel, weather, airports, runway lengths, etc. Surely a pilot can make a decision regarding his individual medical fitness. Certainly no pilot would jeopardize himself or passengers knowing he was not medically fit to fly.

If you get to communicate with our political friends, please let them know your feelings on this.

Remember, any squawks, please call Tim Stark of Jackson Aero Inc. (780-0343) and prompt actions will be taken.

Posted: admin
2013-10-01 00:00:00
Responses: 0